Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertT
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Definitely a faulty phone, or ... ?

Go to solution

I have a BT Decor 310, several years old. I 'm a very low user of the phone (but probably quite a high fibre-optic broadband user).

In the past, the audio volume has gone soft but seemed to improve if I used the phone more, dialled 1471 more often or whatever. A few weeks ago, I picked the receiver up and it was dead, no dialling tone. I plugged in my (much) older Sceptre 100 and got a dialling tone, it worked.

Later I unplugged the Sceptre and  plugged the Decor back in, hitting the cradle switch a few times and possibly a few other buttons, it eventually came back to life.

A few days later, the same problem with the Decor. Clicking the cradle switch, hitting buttons did nothing. Plugged the Sceptre in, line worked, then plugged the Decor back in and that worked. And this is how it's been. The Decor would go dead, plugging the Sceptre in and leaving it connected for a while, then reconnecting the Decor, maybe repeating the process a few times, would bring the Decor back to life.

The problem now is that when I try to "resuscitate" the Decor, having plugged the working Sceptre in for a while, I get a soft dialling tone on the Decor but only for a few seconds and then it dies and the phone's dead.

I'm quite prepared to believe the Decor needs replacing, but what is the old Sceptre doing to resuscitate or partially resuscitate the (line for the) Decor?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
RobertT
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Definitely a faulty phone, or ... ?

Go to solution

Actually, ignore the above (for the time being). I don't seem to be able to delete it.

I just tried again just leaving the Decor unplugged for a little while and then plugging it back in and got dialling tone for a few seconds. (Unplugging it and plugging it back in immediately does not have the same result.)

I'll replace the Decor and if I get the problem with the new phone, I'll report back.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @RobertT. Please post back and let us know how you get on with the replacement.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
RobertT
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Have bought a BT 2700 twin and all seems well.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @RobertT,

Thank you for posting back. I'm glad to hear the new handset are working well.

Cheers

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings