Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hellebore
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Delay getting old number transferred

Go to solution

I transferred broadband and phone from Virgin Media and requested to take my old number with me (same exchange, same house) I have been here over 50 years with same number and it was the number for this house for many years before we moved in.  All my family, friends, acquaintances, bank, school, GP etc etc etc know me by this number.

I was given a temporary number for 2 weeks.

Then BT contacted me, said that VM would not hand over the number because it had to be me who asked them to transfer it. I contacted VM who denied receiving any request from BT. No-one at any time had told me that I had to request VM to transfer as well as BT. I assumed that BT would handle it all.

Back to BT. Eventually they said the order was in for my number and I would be connected midnight 30 April 2015 and they would ring me if any problems. On May 1st I tried ringing the number from my mobile - no line. I dialled 17070 and learnt that I have yet a third number - not the one I wanted to keep.

How long is this going to go on? I believe there is a limit beyond which my original number can't be transferred? I have already contacted everyone to say that I had a temporary number, I DO NOT want to contact them all again to tell them yet another temporary number, and anyway I want the one I have had all the time I have lived in this house, which is as much part of the house as its street number.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Delay getting old number transferred

Go to solution

Hi Hellebore,

I'm really sorry about that, if you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
hellebore
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Fixed thanks to the Irish help desk.

0 Ratings
JAYSEE
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi hellebor, I have just recently posted an almost identical problem.  How did you get the 'fix'?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
It would suggest the forum mods resolved the OP's post as the poster has not been back in 5 months
0 Ratings