Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 13

Re: Delete old blacklisted numbers on call protect

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

Some don't bother about it.

Then they're breaking the law.

My experience of TPS is very positive. I've been subscribed for almost all the 20 years it's been operating and have had cause to complain about two breaches, received an apology from at least one (may have been both, can't remember), and have not been bothered since. I don't go along with discouraging subscribing because (a) it can't be worse than simply griping about cold calls and (b) the more people who subscribe and complain about breaches, the more effective service will become.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

Fully agree and recommend people to subscribe. It is only the odd one that gets through.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

Some don't bother about it.

Then they're breaking the law.

My experience of TPS is very positive. I've been subscribed for almost all the 20 years it's been operating and have had cause to complain about two breaches, received an apology from at least one (may have been both, can't remember), and have not been bothered since. I don't go along with discouraging subscribing because (a) it can't be worse than simply griping about cold calls and (b) the more people who subscribe and complain about breaches, the more effective service will become.

Agreed that you can tell a caller politely that you subscribe to TPS. Mostly they will accept your wishes...."please don't call me. All of your installation is OK". Translation is: "Don't call me. I'll call you".

An alternative is to report a real UK nuisance caller to OFCOM on their website.
There's one particular caller, which the original poster may be referring to.
He keeps calling from two or three different numbers. He's listed on OFCOM as "under investigation". Nothing get's done: must be two or three years now. There's some legal loophole re being a past customer, even if it's 15-20 years ago, since you last dealt with them.
I put a hard block on this caller on a separate blocking device.

0 Ratings