cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Dial tone - 2 tone

Go to solution

My mum’s line has a 2 tone dial tone when she lifts the receiver (sounds like an emergency vehicle).  Her handset is bt decor.  It shows a 0 when the handset is in place and H when it’s lifted.

she can make and receive calls.  

the line has been tested by BT twice and no faults reported. 

we have a called 1572 and there are no junk messages (I’ve also gone through all the other options)

I’ve unplugged everything so only her main handset is connected but the problem persists.  

any ideas what the two tone dial tone might be and how to get rid of it? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dial tone - 2 tone

Go to solution

the 2 tones when you lifted receiver used to signify a message so did you also try 1471?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, @Drsgb that means there is a voicemail message, if you dial 1571 and listen to the message the interrupted dial tone will be removed.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, we finally worked out it was that from a conversation with BT.  they suggested it might be a 1572 message but it put me on the right path and also alerted us to the fact mum was paying for a service she didn’t know she had or that she needs.  It’s now been removed so no more 2 tone.