cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Digital Voice roll out halted.

Therè is no way BT are going to halt digital voice especially when they have just rolled out new handsets. Not everyone has a problem - mine works without a problem and still have my original number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 23

Thanks for the update.
I am due FTTP to be completed next month, the drop has been installed.
When I speak to Sales, they do not take the order for DV.
I had to ring Customer Services and they will not confirm that I will be able to keep my original number if I go DV.
Most confusing as I want to keep my old number.
Did you just ask for your old number to be ported at the time FTTP installation or later?
Thanks for your time.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

In my case (Sept 20) I assumed my number would be retained after transfer to Digital Voice (DV). BT are having technical issues in porting our number to DV. My case is now with the Ombudsman who tells me that BT are now advising that they cannot guarantee a number can be retained after transfer to DV. Some ports go ahead OK some don’t. Be prepared to lose your number!

Message 14 of 23

I eventually got mine sorted.

First BT had to cancel my order for digital voice.

Then they had to put the number port through first when the service was setup.

Then order for Digital Voice was put on two weeks after the number port went through.

It was difficult to sort out and frustrating, but I did get to keep my number and BT grudgingly did add digital voice eventually after overcoming issues.

Message 15 of 23

Many thanks for the update.

Seems strange in this day of electronics that an original number cannot be ported within the BT network to DV.

It might be best if I hold off until FTTP is up and running and then request DV.

At present the dropper from the pole has been installed and the twin copper pair within the fibre cable are connected to my house wiring to give me service prior to full installation next month.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

BT had better sort out their DV Roll Out soon because Openreach are about to stop using the FTTP/Copper Hybrid Cable in favour of a Fibre only one for use on the Underground and Overhead Network.

They’ve told Engineers to use up the last of the Hybrid Stocks they may have and then only use the Fibre only cable.

So if BT still insist on using Copper based voice services it’ll mean two drop cables up at your property if fed from a Telephone Pole.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Last week BT ceased my DV line without telling me. Apparently the cease was done by an offshore agent who could not be identified. It took umpteen calls on my mobile and 4 hours on it only to find out that my old number was permanently "lost" and couldn't be recovered. I was told this only affected a few of us who were on the original DV trial. Sounded a bit dodgy to me.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

Sounds like you may be due some compensation...

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

£40 credit applied to my bill.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Not a lot is it given the hassle involved - I was offered a similar amount via the Ombudsman - decision awaited. BT are not giving us the whole story on DV and do not seem to be fully accountable for errors/mistakes in porting numbers...