cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abstract_1
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Disabling Call Guardian on BT8610 Causes Caller Display to be permanently disabled

Hi,

When call guardian is disabled on bt8610 it seems to disable CLI (caller display) permanently in the exchange. The customer care and technical team believe Caller display is enabled but it is still disabled on the line. They are now to send an engineer to check from our end - a lot of hassle :-(.

There seems to be some interaction between the device and the exchange which causes a permanent change in the line configuration i.e even when another device (non guardian) is connected to the line.

I wouldnt advise anyone to buy a guardian phone if the caller blocking function is not required.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Disabling Call Guardian on BT8610 Causes Caller Display to be permanently disabled

I have Call Guardian disabled, and caller display workd just fine, si it must be something else.

0 Ratings
abstract_1
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: Disabling Call Guardian on BT8610 Causes Caller Display to be permanently disabled

The caller display worked perfectly before the phone was connected and while the guardian was enabled.

The CLI stopped working immediately when guardian was disabled and doesnt work for any other phone so clearly this has triggered a fault.

Doesnt mean to say that it would happen in all scenarios, but clearly the same issue occurred for the other person that posted.

Do BT take note of issues flagged via posts?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

See if its still enabled

Is the facility switched on?

If you've ordered Caller Display check it's switched on by entering the code * # 234 #.

If it's active you'll get the message Caller identity will be displayed. If the facility isn't active then activate it using the code * 234 #.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
abstract_1
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

hi

yes we followed this test process already on advice from the customer care agent and caller id is enabled.

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I can offer no suggestion apart from to turn call guardian back on. There is nothing that the phone can send that would disable the service, its more likely just co-incidence.

Caller display stopped working and all your callers had to announce themselves, so you turned call guardian off, which is when you noticed the caller display fault.

It should be possible to get caller display working, its probably an exchange fault, or your phone line has a fault on it.

0 Ratings
abstract_1
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

caller display was working with call guardian on I just didnt like the user experience of it so we switched it off.

Anyway hopefully BT engineers can fix once they have come out and proved we are not receiving it, then go back to exchange and fix it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

There is nothing an engineer visit to your house will do apart from the risk of a charge for the visit
0 Ratings