cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bearcub
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Elderly person, faulty landline, endless excuses from BT!

Go to solution
At last, the hole's been re-dug! Just need the engineer to turn up now.
0 Ratings
bearcub
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

I just knew it was too good to be true! The hole was dug on Wednesday (as posted above), but no sign of an engineer yet. This morning, we received a call to tell us that the repair would be done 'by Tuesday'. Just an hour after this morning's call, the contractors turned up to re-fill the hole. Council rules are that any hole left open on a public roadway or footpath for three days or more, with no work ongoing, MUST be re-filled - which is exactly what happened 6 weeks or so ago. Fortunately, my husband noticed them there - just as well we were still at home and that we live opposite! - went over to talk to them, and managed to persuade them NOT to re-fill the hole, as only ONE working day has passed.

We've decided to contact the Ombudsman today, because it's now over 8 weeks since all this started and, apart from the repair STILL not being done - we want to make sure that my mother gets some compensation for all of this, and definitely a refund for the charges she pre-paid for no service!

0 Ratings
bearcub
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution
Bit late posting this, but my mother's line was repaired on Friday afternoon. Thank you, Neil O and your fellow team members, for your help. Just need to get a refund for Mum's line rental etc, now!
0 Ratings
bearcub
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
As posted further on, all repaired now!
0 Ratings