cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

Elderly

Go to solution

Hi, I have an elderly relative at 85 with memory problems. His landline has been down a while and BT have been attempting to fix it for over a week now according to the app. 

Is there a way to register frail elderly/vulnerable customers ro enable them some priority services?

Thanks in advance

Nicola

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Elderly

Go to solution

I have asked the forum mods who are BT employees to see if the can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@Nicola_Clark 

https://www.btplc.com/Digitalimpactandsustainability/Ourapproach/Ourpolicies/BTVulnerabilitypolicy/i...

And https://btplc.com/Inclusion/HelpAndSupport/DocumentsandDownloads/Communicationchoices/FreePriorityFa...

I will see if I can ask for some extra help from a moderator.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Google "bt vulnerable customers".

Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
I did do but the website was taking me all over the place, the online chat was a bit and didn't understand what I was asking and the phone lines are obviously busy. Nothing was definitive hence me posting on here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

"If you’re in a vulnerable situation and need extra help, tell us by calling 0800 919 591: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Or if you prefer, next time you have a reason to call us, let our advisor know and they’ll make a note of it on your account so that we can consider your extra needs when you contact us next time. It’ll help us to help you better in the future. Alternatively, you can use one of our other contact methods on the contact us page. You can also give your permission for someone else to contact us on your behalf. Don’t worry, any information you give us will be treated in confidence and in accordance with data protection law."

https://www.btplc.com/Digitalimpactandsustainability/Ourapproach/Ourpolicies/BTVulnerabilitypolicy/i...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Nicola_Clark,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you've been having problems raising a case on behalf of an elderly relative.  I appreciate that they're vulnerable and how vital it is that they have a working service.  You can get in touch with us and we will help get this raised from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Nicola_Clark ,

I hope everyone is keeping well?

Would you be able to confirm if the fault has been fixed?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings