cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Elderly

As someone with an elderly parent at the other end of the country who depends on their phone and iPad for outside contact / including a fall alarm a phone line fault is a major issue.  The fault has been reported to BT over a week ago with no sign of any thing being done to fix said problem.  Is there a way of alerting BT to register an elderly and vulnerable person on their system so when a phone line goes down it gets a faster priority engineer service.  And / or what are customer rights to refunds for lack of service?  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Elderly

If you're managing their account for them, do you have power of attorney ? If you do then have a look at www.bt.com/poa
If you don't have PoA, you could see about getting added as an account manager, It'll make it far easier to speak on their behalf as it gives you almost the same access as an account holder. How to become an account manager can be found Here

You can register any vulnerabilities and impairments by looking at https://www.bt.com/includingyou

Also have a look and see if they qualify for the Free Priority Fault Repair scheme

As for compensation, BT have an automatic compensation policy which can be found  Here

I hope they get things fixed and back to normal swiftly 🙂

Message 3 of 3

Re: Elderly

@alistairco2019,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums.

I'm sorry about the delay in getting your elderly parent's fault fixed. If you would like to send us over some details we can take a look into this for you. 

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Great information @-Richie- thanks for posting.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings