Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Enable caller id - contract change?

Go to solution

Hello. I want to enable the call blocking features on my landline service. I've been with BT for a while and have a contract with 8 months to run. When I go through the dialogue to 'place an order' from the Manage my service option,  I've selected the options and have got a 0 price quote. When I complete these and agree to the terms and conditions, all of a sudden I'm presented with the full order dialogue which includes contract terms and the fact that I seem to be starting as a new customer. This is clearly not a friendly piece of interaction. I've no wish at all to change my contract terms. Does anyone else have experience of this? I don't want to be cheated into this becoming a new deal simply because I'm enabling an existing no cost option on my landline.

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Enable caller id - contract change?

Go to solution

@trevwoody 

Its possibly just a 12 month renewal on the landline, not any other products. I seem to remember that that used to be the case.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks Keith. Unfortunately it does not sit well with me since I then lose the negotiating power when my original contract is up and my internet will go out of synch.
I had a look at another thread and found 'To find out more about Call Protect, go to bt.com/callprotect or call 0800 328 1572.'
I've 'ordered' it via the automated phone option and will see the effect within the next 24 hours. IF they are trying to pull a fast one, I'll cancel the 'order' and revert to my original terms. Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@trevwoody, I'm really sorry for any confusion caused. Caller display is offered free of charge to all customers now and your contract term length will not be renewed if you request for it to be activated. It used to be the case that to get it free you needed to agree to a new 12-month term on your landline but this is no longer the case.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@NeilO 

Thanks for the clarification. but why does @trevwoody  have to agree to contract terms when checking out?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe No problem, it's because a new service is being provided. It's not a change in the contract length it's just agreeing to the T&C's for using BT services.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for following up. It refers me onto the Terms and Conditions, at which point I bailed out instead of completing the order.  I'll progress with the telephone order option and can see that the 'order' is closed. Of course, the easiest thing would be if BT showed the contract / product end dates as part of MyBT but that is not something they are keen to do.  There does not appear to be any change to my end date mentioned in the 'order' but will post an outcome here if it turns grumpy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@trevwoody 

You can view all your orders and contract terms.

First of all you need to go to this page. https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do
Then select the order that you wish to view, and there will be a link saying "Show contract terms"

If you have multiple account numbers, make sure that the correct on is selected on the dropdown box at the top, otherwise you may not see any orders displayed.

0 Ratings