cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mossy05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Engineer fails to turn up

So some 5 months ago I moved house and was informed I could carry my Infinity to my new property. To cut a very long and frustrating story short, BT failed in every way to deliver and I ended up canceling as they changed their stance to "we cant give you Infinity".

Roll forward 5 months and I get a message saying we are now taking Infinity orders in your area. I must be sadistic or something as I decided to try again with this useless company. Phone line and Infinity booked in for today (23 Nov 15). 6pm comes and low and behold, no engineer. Ting BT who inform me that they can not make it and rebook for tbe 27 Nov 15. Not one attempt to let me know either by email or mobile. So I wait with baited breath for Friday to see if anyone turns up. How can a company be so useless and treat their customers with such contempt?

I would appreciate it if someone could look into my booking and give me an honest answer (cant deal with the incompetent call centres).

At least I am making £10 for every missed appointment.

Regards

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: Engineer fails to turn up

can you please delete the VOL reference as it is personal to you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 27

Please delete the vol number for your security. This is a public forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mossy05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 27

Done. Apologies.
0 Ratings
mossy05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 27

So a little update. Finally BT turn up last Friday and install my phone line. I wait in anticipation for my Infinity service to start aaaaaaannnnnndddd NOTHING. So, I ring up again as BT are to incompetent or lazy to keep their customers updated. I am told that now the landline is in, they will progress the Infinity order and it will be working by Monday. So Monday comes and unsurprisingly, they fail to ring me again. So once again, I ring them to find out whats going on. And then they drop the bomb shell. Sorry sir, we are unable to provide you with Infinity but can give you 1mb standard bb. Well f*/k me, sign me up for that awesome service NOT. So after 3 hours on the phone to the script readers in India, I finally get put through to someone who appears to be able to hold some sort of a technical conversation. He informs me that they will do some investigation this week and will ring me back on Friday with an update on whether they can provide me the service that THEY offered me 4 weeks ago. So, I leave the call somewhat annoyed but content to wait the 4 days.

Then, I receive an email stating that BT have canceled my services and I must pay £81 for terminating the contract early 😠. So once again, I ring India and am told that it was a glitch in the system that canceled my landline. (Since when did computers take on the roll of canceling things?). To me it reads more like "We have messed up big time here and this guy wont quite so we will just cancel on him and move on to the next mug). Well not me, I will fight this all the way. Complaint raised so start the 56 day clock before the Ombudsman gets involved. Watchdog, trading standards and any one else that will highlight this companies incompetence have been informed. LET BATTLE COMMENCE.
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 27

Please enter your phone number into the following checker and post the results. Don't forget that this is a publically viewable forum so do NOT include your phone number when you post the results: http://dslchecker.bt.com

It could be that the cabinet for which you are connected is full and has no spare ports, which BT Retail won't see when they place the order. The order is simply queued to Openreach to make the connection, which could be in a line of other orders from other ISP's.

I do sympathise with you though, it's a mess of a system and I have no idea why you got charged a cancellation charge when you weren't cancelling the order 😕

0 Ratings
mossy05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 5 -- 4 to 6.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast

I dont understand how no one talks to each other. And the fact that this has happened twice to me now. The first time round it was frustrating but the fact that they made contact with me just makes it worse. I am connected to the right cab (cab 11) as confirmed by Openreach but still no joy. I have never known such a useless company.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

from the checker result no FTTC services are available on your cabinet or you are to far from the cabinet to get fibre service
mossy05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 27

Also says I am.connected to CMUX1 which cant do infinity. However the Openreach engineer told me I was on Cab11 which is good for fibre. I just dont think they have a clue what they are doing and its the customers who suffer. Think I am going to cancel everything and reapply for a landline from Sky as I begrudge paying BT a penny. Not before I have took the complaint as far as I can though 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 27

the checker shows no fibre available and that checker is used by all ISP's

Also says I am.connected to CMUX1 not sure what you mean by that
0 Ratings