cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dragon1117
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Engineer visit. BT has to dig up the cables.

I had my engineer visit today to set up the phone and broadband. When he was done he said that BT has to dig up cables outside cause they are not connected properly. How long will this take? When i log in to BT website it says that my setup is complete and service is working now which is not true. Any idea what i should do now?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Engineer visit. BT has to dig up the cables.

It will show as Complete because the Installer will have Closed the Installation Activity and raised a New Circuit Fault Activity for the dig work to be done.

If they leave the Installation Activity Open it will force an unnecessary 2nd Appointment.

Ref to the dig that depends. Do they need to dig on a path/road and if so what kind of road is it?

If it's an A Road they'll probably need Traffic Management. If it's just a side road and won't affect traffic then they won't need traffic lights.

Could be anywhere between 3-7 days.
0 Ratings
Dragon1117
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Engineer visit. BT has to dig up the cables.

From what the engineer have told me the fault is somewhere between the telephone line pole and the cabinet. It's on the same side on the pavement so i think they just have to dig up the pavement(slabs). The engineer said it will probably be done by Friday, but i don't really believe that.
0 Ratings