cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doddrf
Message 1 of 3

Extended family house - is 2 or 3 seperate lines possible?

Hi

We have extended our house so we can accommodate our parents. It will be one large house (share front door, utility room garden and staircase to bedrooms), but we will each have a seperate living room and kitchen.

We each want our own privacy and hence looking for a solution for two phone numbers (one for us, one for parents), but shared braodband and TV (if required). Is there a solution to this and what is it?

Also, to complicate things possibly, I also work from home and would like a seperate phone line for business (we already have a local number which diverst to my mobile). Can i have a third line/number (i may be mixing these up) for my business too?

Richard

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Extended family house - is 2 or 3 seperate lines possible?

You can have as many lines as you like.  Each one is normally £130 to install, plus line rental.  Modern drop wires often contain two pairs of wires, so you can get two lines on one cable.

There's nothing to stop you having business and residential lines to the same property, either.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Extended family house - is 2 or 3 seperate lines possible?

Have a look at going up the route of having a voip line for you parents. Plenty of company's out there that offer a payg option. No charge for incoming calls and no line rental. An adapter plugs into your broadband router and the phone plugs into that.Most companys offer a geographical number. Pm me if you need more details.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.