cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chriskarlbaker7
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Failure to install

I spent 2 months waiting for BT to install a telephone to my new property only to find that they got the wrong address and did not contact me to explain.

2 month’s later the installation chap turned up drove past the house waved to the builders telephoned me to ask if that was the correct address to which I replied yes. He then turned around cane back didn’t bother knocking on the door photographed it and drove off😡.

we have a 2 year old child here a small business needing a land line and 2 90 year old neighbours living next to us with only a land line.

The service so far has been horrendous and I am at liberty to pay for the installation..

Quite shocking..

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Failure to install

@Chriskarlbaker7 

Welcome to this user forum.

As this is a business line, you need to post on the BT Business forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

This forum cannot help with business connections.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 12

My next door neighbours are a little younger than me, in the mid 30’s and they have 2 young children.

The middle aged couple who live in the house across the way have a grown up daughter, she’s left home now and lives with her boyfriend.

0 Ratings
Chriskarlbaker7
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

And the relevance of your comment expert?
0 Ratings
Chriskarlbaker7
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

It’s not a business line in fact it’s no line at the moment BT haven’t fitted anything. 
I need a domestic telephone system to operate the internet.!!!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

@Chriskarlbaker7 wrote:

It’s not a business line in fact it’s no line at the moment BT haven’t fitted anything. 
I need a domestic telephone system to operate the internet.!!!

You said in your original post.

"we have a 2 year old child here a small business needing a land line"

This indicated you were looking for a business line, as you cannot use a residential line in connection with any business.

BT Business accounts still give full access to the Internet, plus many extras which are not available to residential users. They also have  priority installation and repair times.

Bear in mind that its Openreach not BT Retail that install the lines. They would have been the people who visited.

Openreach work for most providers.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@Chriskarlbaker7 

I am assuming this is a new build?

Your builders would have needed to register their development with Openreach, at the start of the build. That would have ensured that the infrastructure was in place, before you moved in.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-for-developers/registering-your-site

Was this done?

0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

And the relevance of your neighbours?

Chriskarlbaker7
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

They are elderly and live in an area with very little mobile service so the next time he has a heart attack they could contact me here next door via their BT landline to mine if I had one You smart **bleep** **bleep**.!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 12

Keep it friendly guys.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings