cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 131 of 134

Re: Fake phone call from BT - broadband will be cut off today

Gosh - this thread still has legs, doesn't it!

Someone mentioned here that he/she had received a scam text. I was hit by a Fraud email on the 5th May this year and it caused me hell. Although I didn't lose any money in the end, my bank had to close all my accounts and give me new ones = lots of work for me telling all my regular suppliers eg Gas, Electricity and so on. (My bank confirm I did nothing wrong & they still have no idea how the hackers by-passed their two-stage log-in system.)

But I'm still getting loads of fraud emails, apparently because my email address is still being sold on in the dark market or whatever it's called. Subjects at the moment are 'TV licence about to be cancelled', 'Claim a refund on your Council Tax' and 'Special offer from Netflix' - so take care when getting mobile messages.

The UK's biggest supplier of credit cards provide them in other companies' names eg Amazon and some of the well-known 'want a cheap loan' companies. And the fake or should I say fraud phone calls say they're from Amazon etc. 

So the fake/fraud phone calls aren't only about "BT cutting off your broadband".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 132 of 134

Just started getting these calls to our Preference Service phone number. We do not answer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 133 of 134

out of interest, do you block them?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 134 of 134

No, I have a retro telephone which doesn't do anything fancy (how I like it). I just pick up and listen and if it sounds like BS, I put the phone down again.

0 Ratings