Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cometrider
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Fault Tracking Fix Date Passed - In the dark

Hi,

We have an overhead cable down and engineer called last Friday morning to say it would take a couple of days to fix as an overhead crew was required. The fault tracking shows a fix time and date of yesterday 5pm. How can I speak directly with an engineer to find out exactly what's going on?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fault Tracking Fix Date Passed - In the dark

Welcome to this user forum.

Its Openreach that do the repairs, and they cannot be contacted directly unless its a hazard.

Are you a BT Retail customer?

0 Ratings
cometrider
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Yes. I'm retail customer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@cometrider wrote:

Yes. I'm retail customer.

Then BT Retail will be waiting for an update from Openreach. I assume you have a line fault, have BT offered a free divert of any incoming calls to a mobile?

0 Ratings
cometrider
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

The overhead cable came down between 2 poles where it crosses a road. Divert isn’t an issue as only really use broadband. Working from home means some feedback/timescale would be a big help but there’s no one to talk to who knows anything 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@cometrider wrote:
The overhead cable came down between 2 poles where it crosses a road. Divert isn’t an issue as only really use broadband. Working from home means some feedback/timescale would be a big help but there’s no one to talk to who knows anything 😞

There is not much you can do, as BT Retail would be waiting for an update from Openreach. As it crosses a road, then they would have to arrange traffic control, which is what is probably causing the delay.

The repair date is normally just an estimate.

Do you have any form of backup, like mobile broadband, that you can use?

You can claim for loss of service, but as a residential customer, it does not amount to much. Business customers can usually claim for loss of business.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

0 Ratings
cometrider
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Ok. Thanks. It’s much as I thought. Will just have to get jigsaws out for the kids 🙂

Can tether my mobile to computer for now.

Cheers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

If its not sorted by the middle of this week, post back here and a moderator can be asked to chase it up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

@cometrider 

Is there anything showing on roadworks.org ? BT are normally pretty good at advising any planned works that might involve traffic lights etc.