cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Fault descrition by BT

What do you do when a fault request is logged by BT as different from your description? e.g. "Interference on the line" is booked as "Not being able to receive or make calls". Then BT close the fault record as sorted, as calls can be made. No report to Customer about first call by and engineer (19.5.2020), who detailed what the problems were not (in our house) and what they were outside our house (interference  on land line and broadband at 22mbp?, verbally and referred to a 2nd engineer a week later. 2nd engineer booked does not call us on 26.5.2020. Possibly because there was no fault as originally described, so nothing for him to do or he did something and we never find out what he did.  Now we have to wait for it to rain to see if problems resolved or they come back again. Then I can log a new complaint, but there is no record of the old complaint made 4.5.2020, still. There are not enough options in the logging system for a customer to point out errors in the record. Suggest there is a new box to go directly to queries/complaints. It can still be dealt with automatically but the record of variances is available to the next engineer that calls. I find this lack of influence by a customer in the system as the key issue for remaining with BT or leaving for another provider.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fault descrition by BT

Interference on the line is not normally one of the technical descriptions used. One of the main one that fits all is as you mentioned of unable to make or receive calls which is sort of the case. Because of the noisy line.

This is normally caused by a high resistance on the line. Not usually picked up by a line test 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

What you are saying is that BT do not speak Oxford dictionary English and I (OR THEY) need an interpreter. Have BT ever noticed this as a fact. Or should I put my complaint in Welsh and give up on electronic communications? I have no serious problem at present, so I have the luxury of being able to explain ,y problems in public. But I have a fear (and a general fundamental lack of confidence in BT) that my system will go back to the poor service I had before when it rains next or when the wind blows. "It is not the service I have been paying for" to quote their previous engineer , who is an independent contractor ( or was before I quoted him). The real problem is the lack of trust by both parties. I am paying and they are not complying with basic information. The service is debatable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi @PGThompson and welcome.

Thanks for posting about the problem reporting your fault.

As @Devon_Dave has mentioned the ‘unable to make or receive calls’ is a general term used to report a line fault. You’ve mentioned the fault happens when it rains or is windy. That points to a line issue, possibly a faulty joint which should be simple for an engineer to locate. If you have problems again post back and I’ll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings