cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Atlbb
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Fault or number blocked??

I tried phoning a friend from my landline to hers, but a recorded message said the call couldn't be connected. The same friend phoned me and, after her call, I dialed 1471, pressed 3 and I was able to 'return' her call and the number rang as normal. I tried the number again the next day and it again said unable to connect.

Can anyone please advise if they think there is problem with her landline, but if so why could I connect by going via 1471? or could it be that incoming calls have been blocked (I know she hasn't done this but it is possible someone has)?
Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fault or number blocked??

When you use 1471,-3, it prompts something like ' if  you want to return the call , using BT , there is normally a charge for this service etc, this means in effect any call routing/carrier pre select provided for other service providers is over ridden and the call is routed over BT's call network, so do you have any carrier pre select type call routing ?, although less common these days, there were  a lot of call only providers in the past , where  you paid BT for line rental , but calls were charged for by another company ( you got 2 bills , 1 for calls from the CPS provider  and 1 from BT for line rental)  you didn't have to dial an access code , it was 'carrier pre selected', you could override the CPS by dialing 1280 before the number, then that call would be charged (if a chargeable call) on the same bill as the line rental, so do you, or did  you  have this type of arrangement ?, or do you pay  BT for calls and line rental,

you could try dialing your friends number but prefix with 1280, also, you are dialing the number including the STD code, even if the freind is only a 'local' call, as these days you have to dial the full number 01***, ******, 

0 Ratings
Atlbb
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. Both landline and calls are paid to BT, and it isn't local so I do have dial STD code. It seems strange that I can't get through in the usual manner but I can going via 1471. Thanks again 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

It needs to be sorted, as there is an additional charge per call, for using ringback.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Atlbb,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings