cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theydontcare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Fault still not resolved

Sorry to sound like i'm trumping you @carol1. but i've had a fault on my phone and broadband since July 2015, it's six months now, and still not fixed, I tried to report it again for the umpteenth time on the 30th December, but had to abandon trying because the internet finally gave up again, tried again on the 31st same thing, tried the chat line again, so since the 14th July 2015 to the 1st January 2016 this is where we are

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fault still not resolved

Hi theydontcare,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I’ve moved your post to start your own thread. I’m really sorry you’ve had a fault with the line for so long. I’ll be happy to lend a hand and get this sorted for you. Can you please send over your details? You’ll get the contact the mods link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9
Moved:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9
Moved:

0 Ratings
theydontcare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Thank you for the offer of help David, no disrespect to you, but i'm going to decline the offer, everytime I leave a message on the BT Facebook page, I get posted a link to a chatline, I do go onto the chatline, but nothing ever comes of it, but i will give you the quick version of what's happening...................

First reported a fault with my phone and broadband on the 14th July 2015, subsequently I had visits from FIVE engineers at various times, 3 of them were somewhat helpful, the other 2 not so.

The fault on the line was resolved for a couple of days or so each time, but not totally fixed, which is the reasaon i'm still posting here, also along the line we started getting charged for phone calls we weren't making, we were supposedly were making calls when the phone wasn't working!!! That happened on the last bill, and also on the current bill, I am led to believe that this has been resolved now, We haven't used our landline since the 29th October when we contacted BT Special Services, but we had calls on our bill up to the 10th December.

This is where we are now............The phone rang on the 30th December, I picked up the phone, (first time the phone has actually rung in months), there was no answer. The phone has been dead ever since, and I'm lucky to get 10 minutes broadband time before it disconnects again,

Now the very first engineer and the fourth engineer both told me exactly where the fault was, (and both matched exactly) The engineers must have left a report as to where the fault was, as it's not been fixed, I'm assuming that someone has consciously made the decision not to bother with it!! We are now almost at 7 MONTHS, How has this become acceptable??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

If you are not going to take up David's offer what is the point of posting on the forum? The mods have an extremely good track record.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

If you posted here for help with your problem then take up the mods offer as that is best you will get otherwise there is no point in any further posts as the forum members cannot help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
theydontcare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

The engineers have failed but the moderator can fix it? Ok David I changed my mind.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

the mods will get the right engineer sent to you and ensure your problem is fully resolved by taking personal ownership and they also provide a single point of contact in the UK
0 Ratings