Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
highpriest
Contributor
Message 31 of 34

Re: Faulty BT Master Socket - Callout Charge

@kevinreid02 wrote:

Well - there goes another BT promise. A help desk operator and then his manager said they had booked a moderator call back between 3 and 5 UK time today. Now 6 and no call. So now I am away for two weeks with the stress of BT false charging and no way to take a call. 

Got to be the very worst customer service of any major UK based company.

Have you contacted the moderation team using the special link in PaddyB's profile? Only you can view that link; the mods make it 'viewable' to specific forum members.

Once you send them the details, they will review your incident details and contact you directly.

It's worth pursuing as it lead to a positive outcome in my case. So stick with it, and give them some time to review your case and respond to you.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
highpriest
Contributor
Message 32 of 34

@Wizzy64 wrote:
Now I'm worried as we have exactly the same fault and the engineer is due on Tuesday. Will try to buy a new main socket and replace the front ourselves!

Save yourself a whole world of pain - cancel the engineer visit and replace the **bleep** thing yourself if you are comfortable doing so. They are widely available online (Amazon, eBay and from other sellers) for between £10 and £15. I believe the Mk3 version is the latest iteration of the product. Search for 'bt vdsl faceplate'.

Judging by the number of responses I've had to this thread, it doesn't sound like BT has changed their processes on dealing with this particular fault. You could get billed the standard engineer call-out charge, despite what the customer service rep may have told you over the phone.

One other thing you could try is to get them to post you the replacement part free of charge, avoiding the engineer visit. Not sure if that's possible though.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 34

BT will not send you the faceplate as it is the responsibility of openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Wizzy64
Message 34 of 34

Thanks. I have managed to cancel engineer and have gone on Amazon to order a replacement. It seems like deliberate efforts are made to misdirect and make things as difficult for the customer as possible. Not impressed but so glad of this forum. Doubt BT ever read it but if they it would bean education for them.
0 Ratings