cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoSupport
Message 1 of 4

Faulty Line - No Phone service for over 4 weeks.

Hi,

I've had NO phone or broadband for over 4 weeks and no useful information as to when this will be fixed.

I'm hoping someone could provide me with and alternative contact number to the 0800 800 151/0330 123 4151 one, where I can speak to someone who is willing to actually help me and not just quote the false information that has been presented to them.

I reported my fault on Friday 12th December 2014 and the online fault details page still shows an estimated repair date of Wednesday 17th December 2014.
Being reported on a Friday it wasn't until the Monday 15th that an engineer turned up, spent all day investigating the fault to say that it was a network fault but that the engineers needed to get into a manhole in the middle of the street and this would require traffic lights and someone who be in touch with an update.
No update received so I called and was told it took 5 days to arrange traffic management so engineers would be dealing 23rd/24th December.
Needless to say the deadline passed no engineers no phone. Next call on the 29th told engineers would be dealing 31st December or 2nd January. Seems to be a pattern developing here.
Called again, told traffice management was still to be sorted (thought this only took 5 days, what were the engineers doing 23rd/24th December or 31st December or 2nd January??????). Told engineers would be dealing 9th January.
Surprise, surprise no engineers no fix one falsehood after another.
Used chat this time only to be told "don't know why you were told engineers would be dealing on the 9th January, traffic management is still to be arranged.

But I was told this would only take 5 days back on the 16th December??????

Conversations just go round and round with no one willing to take owership of this fault and get it resolved.#

To add further insult both the engineer who visited back on the 16th December and at least one of the numerous people I have spoken to on the phone had said that there are several household impacted by this fault.
Knowing that I would have expected a bit more urgency.

Mobile service is poor at my home location and I have elderly parents who need to be able to contact me and my land line is essential for this. Hotspots are very weak and I'm lucky if I can connect for a few minutes at a time, and if other household members want to connect at the same time then there is no chance.

Very disappointing.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Faulty Line - No Phone service for over 4 weeks.

Only people on forum that can help are the forum mods who are BT employees. They will post a contact us link. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi NoSupport,

Welcome to the community forum. I am sorry to hear about the delay in getting your service repaired. I would like to take a look at the fault report to see what is happening. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
S_Gardner
Message 4 of 4

My experience is just the same. I wish I could suggest something but can't.

0 Ratings