cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Faulty landline, tracker says fixed and isn't, circular reporting pages

My landline is faulty, having run the diagnostic a few days later the tracker incorrectly reports that the problem has been fixed.

Running the tracker again produces a "something has gone wrong" message inviting making contact via an chat window Clicking that link simple takes me back to a page to select the product or service that I want to report the fault on. (Are you really not able to store that and carry it forward!) From that page I am simply referred back to the fault tracker to run another diagnostic.

My broadband is working and my ADSL filter seems to be OK. Therefore the fault must be on the line or at the exchange. Please sort it out before I either withhold payment or change providers.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Faulty landline, tracker says fixed and isn't, circular reporting pages

Phone 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and report phone fault

i would not recommend withholding payment as that may affect your credit rating.  As openreach work for all ISP you would not fix the problem by moving and it would follow you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Faulty landline, tracker says fixed and isn't, circular reporting pages

Well clearly the answer is not to withhold payment but to cancel my landline and use my non-BT mobile provider.

This is the second time that I have this kind of **bleep** from BT and had to take time off zero hours work so that a BT engineer could come and confirm what I had already established that the fault was outside or my premises in either the green box or the exchange. 

Why do you flag and date faults as complete when they clearly are not, my guess that is simply so that you can scam your KPIs for the benefit of the regulator?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings