cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamprice27st
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Fibre optic installed in Kingsclere => landline outages & 123 speaking clock calls on bill

Go to solution

In April Fibre Optic services arrived at the village exchange, which is great, but that I haven't subscribed to yet. However, I have since had an outage in June on my landline and now again in August. Each time the landline is down for several days. Is it reasonable to link the increased activity by the engineers at this exchange to the outages?

The 1st time was eventually noted as a fault at the local exchange. When I initially enquired I was told 'the test does not indicate any fault on the network now'. This time I am being told the same thing.

On my July bill, for over several days while my landline was working I have been billed for 123 speaking clock calls. I have researched this online and seen that these are not supposed to be made, but are made by BT engineers while testing lines.

I am told today by BT that I will have to wait until this current fault is fixed before I can be credited for the June fault, July calls and the current August fault. Engineer booked for 4 days time....

Is anyone else connected to the Kingsclere exchange sporadically losing service on their landline?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre optic installed in Kingsclere => landline outages & 123 speaking clock calls on bil

Go to solution
fibre services use totally separate infrastructure to the old copper network Openreach engineers do not use chargeable number as they have their own line test facility the calls to 123 are more likely due to the line fault you have
0 Ratings
adamprice27st
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Fibre optic installed in Kingsclere => landline outages & 123 speaking clock calls on bil

Go to solution

so I have a sporadic line fault, with the phone randomly beeping / ringing for a few seconds at time and has the broadband flickering in and out of service. And the phone calls the speaking clock by itself? Presumably for company while it waits for an engineer.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
your broadband restarting like that alone signifies line problems and without an engineer visit will not improve
0 Ratings