cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginandit
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Fibre phone not working after 1 month.. NO HELP..

I recently migrated from Talk Talk to BT so that i could get decent broadband.

After a month or so I was told that my phone line would be 'upgraded' to fibre. 

I recieved 2 automated emails telling me how to swap + 2 automated voice messages.

Switched over and hey presto ! ...nothing

Called and was told there was a problem, the phone started working days later.

Days after that , I was sent a message from a friend asking why I was not answerring my phone.

I could make outgoing calls but had no incoming. I tried various phone handsets and nothing worked.

Reported the fault, nothing happened. 

Online chat said " I will call you between 6pm and 7 pm" . HOW ?   i wondered, email is the only communication method available. And yet nobody emails me .

The problem magically was fixed for 2 days and the stopped again.

Currently 1 MONTH LATER, I HAVE NO PHONE.

Somebody today has told me that a copper line could be reinstated and iI can't think WHY nobody thought of this before.

I have an 83 year old with a heart condition who is taking morphine for a serious back problem who DEPENDS on her 'lifeline' and is on a 15 minute response time from the ambulance service.

I have a partner who recently had a heart bypass. 

So far I have spent 13 HOURS trying to resolve this !

Can anybody please tell me if there is nybody at BT who can help me, because I am going mad doing online chats and emails and phone calls from friends houses which last an hour at a time.

Can anybody tell me how i can recover some cost for all the time spent and the stress caused.

PLEASE ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre phone not working after 1 month.. NO HELP..

best to contact the FTTP sales team who would know more.

0800 587 4787
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 6

Hi ginandit, 

Thanks for your post and welcome. 

I am sorry to hear that you are still without your service and a decent update as to what is going on. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there.

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
ginandit
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

thanks for the response. I have already spoken to ths FTTP team several times.  Apparently there is a bug in their system which prevents them from activating my fibre phone line again , having disconnected it    : (

I have as from midnight now got a temporary copper line although it is a new number and they are working on re instating my old number for me which will aparently take another week or so.

0 Ratings
ginandit
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi and thanks for the quick response.
As from midnight i have a temporary copper line connected and after another 40 min call to FTTP it seems that they may be able to have my fibre line connected again in a weeks time. Fingers crossed that it will be my 'old' ( used for the last 24 years) number.
0 Ratings
ginandit
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

UPDATE !

I now have my 'original' (last 34 years) phone number back and working.

Amazed to find that it only works on COPPER line.

So realistically I have spent the last 2 months chasing BT to get me right back to where this all started. I can only hope that BT do not decide once again to 'upgrade' my line to FTTP.

As i write, 5.20pm I am waiting for a scheduled 4.30pm phone call from somebody from the complaints review dept. as I have said NO ! to the ' maximum' £40 good will gesture and again to the £65 ' goodwill gesture' offerred soon after.

So far I have spent 17 HOURS in communication with BT to solve a problem of their making.

I have now contacted the ombudsman and BT data protection team to get transcripts and recordings of phone conversations.

The latter is available at a charge of £10 and i would recommend anyone with problems to do the same.

0 Ratings