Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captainweird
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Fixing phones faster

Go to solution
Hi,
My mother-in-law's phone is not working. She's 93, and lives alone. The line is used for her emergency alarm. The Indian call centre are useless.
Is there a way we can get this sorted quickly, rather than having to spend hours being given the run around? Any phone numbers that get me through to someone who can get this sorted would be great.
Thanks, Phil
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fixing phones faster

Go to solution

Only people on forum that can help are mods who are BT employees. They will post a contact us link. There is no uk number to contact. 

contact mods.jpg

This may also help for future.
http://www.bt.com/includingyou/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Captainweird,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am sorry to hear that your moms phone isn't working and you haven't been able to get the help you need in reporting this issue.

The quickest way in reporting a fault is by doing so online via this link, Fault Tracking and Repair however if you have any problems in doing that then I am more than happy to get this raised for you.  You can send me an email by clicking on the 'Mods Contact link' which can be found under the 'About me' section of my profile, just click on my username (SeanD).

Please post back here to confirm if you have managed to raise a fault.

Cheers

Sean 

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
captainweird
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Well.
An engineer turned up yesterday, as far as I can understand, when they checked the line wiring, "someone" had disconnected her line in the pillar at the end of the road. It's now back working.
I got a call from someone at BT regarding my submission to the forum today, saying the engineer was scheduled for the 23rd December! Anyway, it's fixed.
Thanks to the two folks who replied, and for the useful info.
Shame these forums have to exist to make up for the Byzantine uselessness of so many other parts of the organisation!
Phil

Phil
0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Phil

There is a scheme for "more mature" BT customers to ensure BT is aware that they are more dependent on the phone line. It also allows for the nomination of a friend or relative as a contact point so in theory if they have a problem things are resolved a little more smoothly.  Whilst too late this time it may help if there's a next! 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Protected-Services-Scheme/td-p/881366

i have recently set a member f the family up on it although it is too soon to assure you it helps!

Regards

Tim

Tags (3)
0 Ratings