cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Frequent Slamming

I have been slammed more than 3 Times since last Month.

I had requested BT not to move my line without my consent but every other week i receive emails and Letter that " we are sorry that you are Leaving".

This time BT handed over my Number to other provider inspite of my requests.

Now other provider is not willing to give it back to BT. I asked BT to tell me the name of the Recipient provider so that i can complaint to them to give the services back to BT but BT refused to reveal the name.

Now BT is scrapping my old number and giving me a new Number without my permission.

what i should do as i filed multiple complaints to BT but they are not helping.

I am a 83 year old artially disable woman and i don't want to loose my old Number.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Frequent Slamming

Welcome to this user forum. @margaretbett1938 

This should not happen.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

They will take over ownership of your problem until it is resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @margaretbett1938  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you have been slammed and lost your number. You mention you have already been in touch and I'm sure that an order has been placed to get your services back active with us again. The phone number can sometimes take longer to get back so you may have been allocated a temporary number just to get you in service in the mean time. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@JohnC2wrote:

Hi @margaretbett1938  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you have been slammed and lost your number. You mention you have already been in touch and I'm sure that an order has been placed to get your services back active with us again. The phone number can sometimes take longer to get back so you may have been allocated a temporary number just to get you in service in the mean time. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Cheers
John

This should never ever happen.

The whole process is totally wrong, as it assumes consent has been given when the initial request to change companies is made. It should be the other way around.

Consent needs to be confirmed, otherwise the change does not happen. In other words if a request to change comes through, the end user has to confirm that this is to happen - not tell BT that it should not happen.

Why is this so hard to understand? Ofcom get this wrong and make the initial assumption.

The company taking over the line are supposed to contact the user by letter saying they are taking over, and the user has 10 days to tell them to stop it. Equally if that company do not cancel, the user can contact their current supplier (up to 24 hrs before transfer in theory) to tell them to stop the transfer.

The OP has done this, and BT still transfers them. This is quite appalling that neither company are abiding by Ofcom regulations.