cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Friends and Family International

I have had Friends and Family International on my landline for some years as I have family in South Africa. Recently when I try to phone a message comes on which says that I have either reached my limit, I need to add credit or simply won't connect me . 🙄.  I know there is a limit on the International Freedom calls of 600 minutes per month, but don't think there is a limit on the Friends and Family add on. In any event, I don't used 600 minutes in a month.   

I don't know if it is the other side or BT. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Friends and Family International

Hi @callwood110 welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, there is no limit on international calls made via the Friends and Family international package and those messages don't sound like they've originated from BT.

Are you experiencing difficulties calling just one number in particular or is it the same for all international numbers?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@NeilO I mostly use it to phone my mom as my husband uses WhatsApp for his family. So mainly just one number which makes me think it is their end... 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@NeilO I've just spent a frustrating hour trying to phone for about 15 minutes of actual conversation. I haven't been able to get through about 15 times, the sound has dropped once, so my mother hung up and I've just been disconnected.  Aaarrrggggh!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @callwood110 it's a very strange message to get on a landline as I would associate credit with pay as you go mobiles. If it's possible it may be worth trying an alternative number in South Africa to rule out an issue but I agree it does sound like a problem on their end.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@callwood110 

Are you using a third party access number, stored in your family and friends, to call the SA number? That is the sort of message they would provide as they require topping up now and again.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Carlusha ,  no. It is supposed to go through straight to a landline number. No third party access.