cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Frustrating Wait

Driving me nuts, been without Phone line and Broadband for almost 7 weeks now! Engineers been out and diagnosed fault under the pavement at the front of my property and called out sub contractors to dig it up. I get a call from India about every week telling me the engineers are dealing with it and then gives me another date when he will ring back!! This is so frustrating, been with BT about 40 years, but reckon I will be forced to go with the cable company which has a point right outside my property if this carries on much longer.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Frustrating Wait

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the info Keith

Guess I'll be waiting a long time if other horror stories are true. Inability to contact Open Reach is frustrating. The guys in India have to take all the flak. Thank goodness for FON and mobile phones.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

The cable company may be the only option if your phone line isn't going to be repaired soon.  All the other providers use the same Openreach network.

0 Ratings