cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: GPO 706 has dial tone but will not ring on RTX wireless extension

Go to solution
Success! I am so happy! Adding an ADSL filter between the 706 and the wireless extension has worked. I have dial tone and ring now on a 1963 GPO 706 with no hard wired BT line to the extension.

Thanks all for your help and advice
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@PaulS69 wrote:
Success! I am so happy! Adding an ADSL filter between the 706 and the wireless extension has worked. I have dial tone and ring now on a 1963 GPO 706 with no hard wired BT line to the extension.

Thanks all for your help and advice

I thought it might fix it 😀

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

It is obviously working, but I can't see how without a physical connection to the incoming line unless the wireless adapter reproduces the ringing current.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Something I noticed when showing someone the phone last night is that it will not dial out when plugged into the wireless extension, but it will when it is plugged directly into the BT socket coming into the home. This is not biggy as it does ring and takes calls, but there’s obv some disconnect with making a call out when it’s connected to the wireless extension. I am just interested as to why. I had forgotten how long it actually takes to “dial” a number 😂

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I expect the wireless adaptor is looking for MF tones from a phone rather than loop disconnect pulses. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.