cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Getting a notification on my mobile when there's a landline voicemail

Hi all,

With any of BT's landline phones, is it possible to get a notification on my mobile (SMS, push notification etc) if I receive a voicemail on my landline? I have a BT line but not the phone yet, so I'm trying to find a handset that can do this.

Anyone know of one?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Getting a notification on my mobile when there's a landline voicemail

It can be done with BT Call Minder which costs £5.50 per month.
See Here for more info.

BT Text SMS alerting feature

If your mobile is linked to Call Minder, you'll get a text message whenever someone leaves a voicemail on your messaging service.

To access your messages, dial your landline number from your linked mobile. When Call Minder answers, press # then enter your PIN.

To set up or cancel this feature call 0800 389 5660, which links to a fully automated service. You'll pay the standard rate for BT Text from landlines for the SMS message sent to your mobile.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Great! And any BT landline handset can work with that too I assume?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sorry and another question - Can I access the voicemails from my mobile too? If so, is that a standard service?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 5

@ollyrwrote:

Great! And any BT landline handset can work with that too I assume?

It's a network enabled feature, so a text message is sent to your mobile to inform you that you have a message, the handset in the house makes no difference.
Your 2nd question is also yes, you would ring your landline number, wait for the answeing service to kick in and then enter your pin, you can then listen to your messages remotely from anywhere.

It's all explained on that link in my original reply, right at the bottom is a link to a more detailed guide in .pdf format.

0 Ratings