cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Getting strange call every 2 weeks anyone else get them?

Every 2 weeks now for long time I have been getting this number call me on my land line: 07049-205950....a man calls and say's "Hellow, Hellow....can you hear me....then static noise then the call goes dead....the man sounds very far away this is a patern every week same routeen....does anyone else get these call's from such numbers coded like this???? Very strange....!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Getting strange call every 2 weeks anyone else get them?

Welcome.  Its a variation on a theme we get on here all the time.

You can make a note of the number and just ignore it when "they" ring.

OP's have come up with a number of other exotic solutions: answering in a foreign language, a zany commercial switchboard etc etc.

Its probably a scam.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@turquoisewaters wrote:

Every 2 weeks now for long time I have been getting this number call me on my land line: 07049-205950....a man calls and say's "Hellow, Hellow....can you hear me....then static noise then the call goes dead....the man sounds very far away this is a patern every week same routeen....does anyone else get these call's from such numbers coded like this???? Very strange....!!

This might stop them.

aliononflamsmall.jpgBecause TPS certainly can't

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 6

Maybe it's E.T.

Looks like a mobile number so even telepest wouldn't be much help.

There are 'phones you can buy which will reject numbers you decide as a nuisance. My Panasonic gives them an engaged tone and hangs up.

Next time you buy a new 'phone it may be worthwhile looking for a similar feature.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@guilbo wrote:

Looks like a mobile number

No, no, no! I got caught by that. 070 numbers are not mobiles but "personal numbers" which can cost up to 51p a minute. The one that got me was at St Thomas' Hospital in London; I thought I was returning a call to my daughter's mobile but it turned out to be one of those vultures who provide high-cost patients' bedside phones.

Beats me why Ofcom allowed this on numbers which most people would think were mobiles.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 6

Interesting. I stand corrected. Hotels do that too. You'd think they'd make them use an 08 prefix.

Maybe someone who's bought a private number and has an automated system which rings round in the hope people will ring him/her back to find out who it was.

0 Ratings