cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 18

Re: Going Ex-Directory

To be honest going ex directory will not stop any calls going to you.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 12 of 18

Hi @GillyFB 

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the confusion after your request to be changed to ex-directory.  Post back and let me know how you get on chatting with my colleague today.  If you're still having problems we will be able to take a quick look for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
GillyFB
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 18

Dear Devon Dave -

I wrote -

Been with British Telecom for years and never felt we needed to go Ex-Directory.  We do not want our number or address available if someone did a  British Telecom Directory search.

UPDATE -

Just been speaking to British telecom and they have assured me on 5th October - we will be ex-directory.  It will not mean if anyone has the old info e.g. telephone books, etc then that cannot be stopped.  I guess Dave this is what you are saying - at first I thought you didn't understand what I am asking for.

So I will wait until 5th and will do an online search - to see if our info is still there.

Thank you

0 Ratings
GillyFB
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 18

Thank you Robbie - you will see I have spoken to them and they assure me all the  'gobble de **bleep**' on order means I will be ex-directory on 5th October.🤔

Well do we cast votes on this?  Seriously though thank you for your offer of help if it doesn't happen.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 15 of 18

@GillyFB wrote:

Thank you Robbie - you will see I have spoken to them and they assure me all the  'gobble de **bleep**' on order means I will be ex-directory on 5th October.🤔

Well do we cast votes on this?  Seriously though thank you for your offer of help if it doesn't happen.

Thanks @GillyFB 

Really sorry again for the confusion trying to get this sorted.  You know where I am if you do run into any bother 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
GillyFB
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 18

Thank you Robbie.

(Just a little info on the side - we have no water again to our cottage.  3rd time this year and we are on mains supply but if these issues are our only problems at moment we still have a lot to be grateful for.)

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 18

@GillyFB wrote:

Dear Devon Dave -

Just been speaking to British telecom and they have assured me on 5th October - we will be ex-directory.  It will not mean if anyone has the old info e.g. telephone books, etc then that cannot be stopped.  I guess Dave this is what you are saying - at first I thought you didn't understand what I am asking for.

I think @Devon_Dave meant that, although being ex-directory will prevent people seeking you out individually, it will not stop unwanted calls. Scammers, market researchers and other intruders generally call numbers randomly; the most dependable way of keeping them at bay is by filtering with a call-blocking phone such as the BT4600.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
GillyFB
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 18

Thank you. 

We have a British Telecom phone with Call Guardian - could be for years now - best thing we ever did.