cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Groundworks in our street

Go to solution

This is a query to BT itself.  We have had a company called Rebeck undertaking groundworks in our small close for the last couple of days.  Gangs arrived this morning to fill in a long trench and a subsequent vehicle came along to topdress the trench.  They have left the site.  They have topdressed the trench from its starting point to a point partway across the drive to number 8.  At the other end they have topdressed from its starting point to the end of the boundary of number 5.  They have omitted to topdress the stretch that joins the two together!  This is across the frontages of numbers 10 and 7 (there is no number 9).  Our postcode is NN13 6DA.  Can somebody please investigate and advise when this work will be completed.  Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Groundworks in our street

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @BillinghamCS 

This is just a BT Retail forum.

Its Openreach who you need to contact, as they look after the external network

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/contactus.do

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

this sort of work has nothing to do with our ISP BT Retail but could be openreach  you can try contacting openreach  https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedbackLoggedInUser.do

are you sure it had nothing to do with possibly virgin cable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @BillinghamCS welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I can confirm that the advice given by @imjolly and @Keith_Beddoe is correct and you would be best contacting Openreach directly on the links provided as they own and maintain the network and will be able to answer questions about ongoing works.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you all for responses.  It's not as easy as you think.  The Openreach website gives a number to ring and there was no relevant option but I did speak to somebody who completely misunderstood the situation and told me that I needed to ring a BT number.  I finally spoke to a BT operative who has taken all the details and has undertaken to report the failure to complete the groundworks on my behalf to the right department of Openreach - clearly I got the wrong department!  So thank you to everybody for the constructive comments and hopefully my topdressing will be sorted out very soon.

0 Ratings