cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
happysteveo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

HELP PLEASE: Voicemail Sync/Retrieval Problems using BT2600 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine

Hello,

Can someone help please, I bought the BT2600 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine for my mum, and there seem to be two problems with it:

1) Sometimes people are leaving her voicemails and the base doesn't light up to notify her so she only knows there is a message for her when she calls 1571 to check

2) I have called her number to test what is happening, I made three calls.

On the first call the voicemail greeting cut off part way through and went straight to the beep to leave a message.  On the second call the answerphone voicemail greeting played and allowed me to leave a message which the base alerted her to, no problem.  On the third call, the 1571 voicemail greeting played and the voicemail wasn't picked up by the base.

Help!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pompey1898
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: HELP PLEASE: Voicemail Sync/Retrieval Problems using BT2600 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Mach

Are you confusing an answering machine with 1571 ?

0 Ratings
happysteveo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: HELP PLEASE: Voicemail Sync/Retrieval Problems using BT2600 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Mach

I'm not sure.  All I know is some of her unanswered incoming calls are going to the answer machine greeting message and others are going to the 1571 greeting message, and those that go through to 1571 are not logging on the answerphone as a new message for her to retrieve.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 4 of 5

@happysteveo wrote:

I'm not sure.  All I know is some of her unanswered incoming calls are going to the answer machine greeting message and others are going to the 1571 greeting message, and

those that go through to 1571 are not logging on the answerphone as a new message for her to retrieve.I don't think they will be because they have not been left there.  Perhaps it might be better to turn one off to avoid confusion ?

0 Ratings
happysteveo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thank ypu, I will look in to that.

0 Ratings