cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shirley4
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Hands free

When I try to use the amplifier on the phone the screen says ‘not available ‘ any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Hands free

Some more details may help get you some replies

0 Ratings
Shirley4
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Re: Cordless home phone

Sorry I meant cordless not hands free. So when I press the amplifier on the phone the screen says not available. Any suggestions why I can’t make it work please.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

make of phone and model?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Shirley4
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Actually it’s my mother’s who lives miles away. I know it is a BT phone with larger numbers but don’t know the model. There are 2 phones and they both do the same re the amplifier.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

My Mum has the BT 4600 which has the amplify button. When I set the phone up for her I tried the amplify button and it didn't make any difference. My Mum is quite deaf now but with her hearing aids, she's better using the phone with the loudspeaker on and the volume on max. As long as she holds the phone somewhere near her ear she can hear fine.

I don't really understand why they've added the amplify button to be honest, just increasing the range of the volume control would have been better.

Shirley4
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

That’s really helpful because same issue with my mum. I will try that. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

If you can find out the model number @Shirley4 , then if you search for it in the BT Shop you'll find a pdf file of the instruction book at the bottom. It's very handy to download things like that when trying to sort out these types of problems.

0 Ratings
Shirley4
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Many thanks. Where on the phone does it say the model? Mum doesn’t have any of the paperwork.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

I don't know to be honest and looking at photos online I can't see any model numbers. My guess would be on the underside of the base unit, I'll be seeing my Mum tomorrow so I'll have a look to be certain.

0 Ratings