Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Daz73uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Help! 3 times I've asked for a line

I thought it would be a simple process ordering a bt line. 3 bloody times I've asked and each time my orders are cancelled. They keep saying they can't access the line. I'm the only one in the property and been in property for 4 and half years. I've never had my own line as always had a mobile phone. But for health reasons I was advised to have a landline.
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Help! 3 times I've asked for a line

Welcome to this user forum.

Who have you placed the order for a landline with?

Is your address correct on the Royal Mail Postcode database?

0 Ratings
Daz73uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Placed with BT. Twice I ordered online for the broadband phone package both orders cancelled. 3rd time I ended up calling up a sales person who said they couldn't understand why the line couldn't be taken over and would sort out a new line which would be easier. Well that was supposed to be today and never happen. Would I be better of trying another company?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

The network is provided by Openreach, for all providers apart from Virgin Media.

Its quite possible that the Openreach database does not show an existing line to the property, which is why the order is failing.

Assuming that your address is correct with the Royal mail, then its simply a case of raising an ORDI request to Openreach, to get the database updated. You can then order a phone line, and once that is working, you should be able to place a broadband order.

Do you wish to proceed with an order with BT Retail? If so, I can ask a moderator to assist, and they can raise an ORDI request.

If you choose to go with a different provider, then you would have to ask them to raise an ORDI request.

0 Ratings
Daz73uk
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Thank you. Yes my postcode is correct. But it does seem strange as the previous owner of that line must have been with talk talk as I have received letters that have requested someone wants to take over the line. I thought it would be a simple process but if its what you say ORDI request that's the problem. Yes if a moderator could assist that would be helpful as I have given up calling them
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

PS, when did you receive the takeover letters, as that may be cause of the problem, if the last owner did not cancel their service?

0 Ratings
Daz73uk
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

As for the takeover letters. Each time I placed an order I received letters to addressed to Occupier that just said someone is taking over this line but also addressed to previous tenant from talk talk.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

What should happen, is if they do not respond, which of course they will not, then afer about 10 days, your order should progress. Lets see if a moderator can check this for you.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Hi @Daz73uk,

We'll look into everything for you. To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser. Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Daz73uk
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

Thanks.  I have contacted a moderator hopefully 4th time lucky as to be honest coming to the end of the tether.  I'm surprised that a customer needs to know things like ORDI requests. Surely the telecom companies should have known this and be dealing with it. I assume this Openreach is like our Rail Network not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings