cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-Richie-
Expert
Message 11 of 18

Re: Help! 3 times I've asked for a line

TalkTalk will send a letter addressed to their customer but at your new address, they will also send an email and text to their customer, I wonder if the previous occupier is in a contract and is blocking the takeover so the account remains active, otherwise they'll have termination charges, I've seen it happen before.

iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 18

Something seems odd here, you state that you have been the only person in the property for the last 4.5 years yet Talk Talk are advising the 'previous' occupant that someone (you)  is trying to take over the line ???, that suggests someone is paying Talk Talk for a service (in your property) that they cannot possibly be making use of, ...so even if the previous occupant used TT , why are they still paying for it , 4 1/2 years after they moved out......

Is there something odd about your address , is your address part of a multi dwelling property ?, is it possible that your address and this mysterious TT customer addresses have been mixed up...basically why are letters from TT being delivered to your address ?

If (for example) you are No1. Made Up Street , and there is also a No.1a Made Up Street....TT customer is No.1a  , but when they got TT service , TT entered the wrong address ( they put No1 instead of No1a) and because the TT customer is paying by DD has never had the hassle of bills sent thru the mail going to the wrong address ( your address), so the address has never been corrected (by TT) 

You ( not knowing this ) apply for service correctly at No1, the  TT customer is advised by TT (because of the incorrect address info, via email or text) and in effect stops you getting a line, by telling TT to stop the takeover progressing, ( because they thing it's their line at No.1a that's being taken over) ...is it possible that this or something like this is the problem you are having ?

You could knock on your neighbour's doors and ask if they are getting advised by TT about this sort of thing, or you could order a brand new line (rather that trying to take over a line ) ....as the BT Mods have been advised, they may be able to help , but I doubt they can do much with a TT customers line

0 Ratings
Daz73uk
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

Yes it does seem odd. Perhaps the previous owner never paid the bills or there could be a mixup with address as it's a building with 8 apartments. Hopefully this ORDI request will fix the problem
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 18

If the previous owner never paid TT, then after more that 4 years the 'line' would have long since been ceased, so you wouldn't be able to take it over, it would have to be a 'new' line, so I doubt it's that...it's much more likely to be an address mix up, that one of your neighbour's ( who uses TT) has never had corrected because it probably never caused them a problem....but it's causing you one
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Hi @Daz73uk I called earlier sorry I missed you. I just wanted to confirm I have placed an order for a new line to be installed with broadband. I'll check on this tomorrow to ensure Openreach have accepted the order and it will progress ok for you this time and update you then.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Daz73uk
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

Hello John

Thank for that.

I hope that the new  order is what I originally ordered  with the unlimited broadband/free weekend calls at the price it was offered.

I recieved a few emails from BT today that my order is progressing that I should get my broadband box tomorrow 13th and a Engineer  out on 21st Dec.

And other emails cancelling orders under different VOL0 references.

Cheers

Darren

0 Ratings
Daz73uk
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

Update. Engineer came today. He didn't have to do much as the old line was connected. Few teething problems with the hub as it stayed orange. Engineer thought it was a faulty hub. As soon as he was away I tried holding restart and power on and it kicked in went to blue. So everything is working now. Thanks again.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

That's great to hear @Daz73uk,

@PaddyB is back in office so I'll let him know.

Do you need any other help or are you happy to close your case?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings