Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amycfc1888
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Help! No dialing tone on phone

Go to solution

Hi all I noticed my phone line was dead (no dialing tone) around yesterday afternoon so I went online to check my phone line and this is what appeared once the check was over (I am still getting this message when I track the fault also);

Sun 6 Jan                 17:00

Fault diagnostic run

It looks like the problem is in or near to your home, and we'll need to contact you before sending an engineer.  We will be in touch with you on the details you have provided us with.

We should be in touch within 24 hours.

It is now just over 27 hours later and I have STILL not been contacted by anyone to arrange for an engineer to call out. I also sent an email through the contact us button about 4 hours ago or so to try and illustrate how crucial it is for me to have a working telephone line as I am Epileptic and take seizures on a regular basis which means I have to call the hospital or family members to come to my aid if I am badly injured etc often as I have a small child at home, but I STILL haven't had any response whatsoever. I can't leave home on my own to go to a telephone box to call to see what is happening as I need someone to be with me at all times whenever I leave the house in case I were to take a seizure in the street and at the moment I don't have anyone available to accompany me. Any reponses regarding my situation would be greatly appreciated thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Help! No dialing tone on phone

Go to solution
You could always contact the faults dept from your mobile on 0330 123 4151 and just ask the progress of your fault report, they bay have the incorrect contact number for you.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Amycfc1888
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Ohh I forgot to mention I don't have a mobile phone at the moment due to water damage (it fell down the loo and died Smiley LOL) but on my contact details on my account it says to contact me by email and also when I sent the email to BT earlier where it asked how can we contact you I checked the by email part and entered my email address twice.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Not sure if will apply to you but you may like to think about the Priority Fault Repair Scheme for the future.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Amycfc1888
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I looked into that yesterday pottyperson but I didn't bother to apply for it as it as I am switching over to Sky for my broadband and telephone (but this wont be activated til the 18th of this month) and I was supposed to be getting my TV package installed this Thursday but I cant see that happening now as I STILL haven't had any response from BT and my phone line is still dead. I tried to track the fault this morning and everytime I click on it it says there has been a technical error and to try again so I've managed to arrange for someone to come with me today to go to the phonebox to call BT to see what is happening.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Are you sure that your line has not been disconnected, as you are transferring your service to Sky?

If that is the case, then you will have to contact Sky to find out what is going on, as BT will no longer be involved.

Amycfc1888
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Re: Help! No dialling tone on phone

Go to solution

I had been led to believe as my Sky phone/broadband won't be activated till the 18th of this month that my BT phone line would still be working and that there would only be maybe a couple of minutes or hours on that date I would be without a phone line/broadband as a telephone line is required for my Sky TV installation this coming Thursday? But I'll give both a call later today to see if I can find out what is happening, thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

There will  be more than just a couple of minutes changeover, as Sky are a totally different service provider. There could be a break of quite a few days, as work has to be done in the telephone exchange.

Any work to transfer service would be done by Openreach.

0 Ratings
Amycfc1888
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Keith_Beddoe I have contacted Sky via their forum and 1 of the technical team have advised me that the phone line changeover may take some time but it should be nowhere near 12 days. As I have mentioned I did a line check on Sunday (06/01/13) at PM on my BT online account and a fault was actually found near to or in my home and the summary said an engineer would have to be arranged to call out and they would contact me within 24 hours regarding this (which they still haven't, nearly 48 hours and 2 further emails stating how crucial it is that I have a working phone line later) and as I was sent a letter on the 04/01/13 (which I received today) stating that I have until the 17/01/13 to change my mind about switching to Sky is it not BT's responsibility to fix the fault or for them to even contact me to notify me of what is actually going on with my phone line? I've tried all day online today again to track the fault only to see this message everytime I click on report or track a fault;

Consumer fault tracking - Error notification, sorry we can't complete your request at the moment due to technical error. Please try again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings