cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SueO1
Message 1 of 2

Help in getting updated phone and line for elderly relative in UkKwhen I'm in USA

Hi:

My name is Sue I live in California and have a 90year+ Aunt who lives in greater London. She still has a really old rotary phone with the old fashioned box in the wall (I have pics). I'm visiting her in April and want to arrange for a new easy to use  single handset phone. All it needs is for me to leave messages for her, nothing fancier than that. I also need to get her wall connection upgraded. Anyone got ideas on how i can start arranging for this. I need suggestions for the phone, and information on who I get in touch with and what i ask them to do to upgrade her wiring and wall box. I've not lived in the Uk for 20 years and need some help. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help in getting updated phone and line for elderly relative in UkKwhen I'm in USA

Does she pay BT for her line rental and phone?

If so, then you can contact BT from the USA on +44 179 359 6931

They can arrange for the wiring to be upgraded, and should be able to suggest a suitable phone with large buttons, which can be supplied as part of the order.

If she is with another phone provider, then you would have to find a contact number for them.

0 Ratings