cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Help with scam call to elderly parents

Can someone help me please? My parents have been called multiple times today by someone purporting to be BT saying an engineer needs to call to speed up their broadband. Dad is elderly and was persuaded to give bank card details. He was also asked where his nearest post office or supermarket was. Reported to bank and police. Problem is an appointment to come to the house was made for Monday. Police want me to check there definitely isn't an appointment on the off chance one of the 5 or 6 calls was coincidentally genuine. It's clearly a scam but is there a number I can call to definitely rule out any genuine BT calls? Feel stupid asking as clearly fraud but guess sometimes elderly people get confused. They don't even have a BT account. They are with Talk talk.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help with scam call to elderly parents

@ipc that's despicable, these types of frauds are becoming all too common.

If your parents don't have a BT account then we would have no way of booking an engineer visit as we can only book engineers for BT customers. If you want me to look up their number I'll be happy to do so to put your mind at ease but I don't think any of those calls were genuine. I'll send you a private message so you can send me over the details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help with scam call to elderly parents

Thank you. Have PMd

0 Ratings