Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: Home Hub not ringing AGAIN!!

Go to solution

I've had home hub 2.0 and hub phone 2.1 for a few years now and no problems.

Yesterday I nothiced that the hub phone had stopped ringing (for both the BB Talk number and the landline number) although the wired phones connected to the hub still rang for both.

I could make outgoing calls on the hub phone, but not recieve any.

I de-registered and re-registered the hub phone, did a soft restart of the hub (restart button).

I went to the bthomehub.home page and noticed that the Home Hub was not on the Settings > Telephones page, only the "Phone Socket" telephone was listed.

I unplugged the home hub, removed the batteries from the hub phone and then restarted both.

When I re-freshed the Settings > Telephone page on my browser, I now have two "telephones" listed.

Hub Handsets and Phone Socket

I was able to set the "will ring for calls to:" both BB Talk and Landline and now the hub phone rings quite happily.

I hope this helps

0 Ratings
abandonhope
Beginner
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

I to have this problem. BT help are no good at all as they keep trying to phone me even though I repeataby tell them it is NOT ringing.

Seems to me that they are just so big they don't care about their customers.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution
0 Ratings
catterbutts
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Just to confirm that having experienced the same symptoms:

• hub phone not ringing on BBTalk incoming calls
  • hub phone does ring for landline calls
  • Advanced Settings shows no phones registered

the previous replies have been very useful.

In my case, re-registering the handset did not work (even after removing the batteries) but a power-off and on of the hub has fixed the problem (until the next time!)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

Power cycling the hub usually fixes it. Sometimes, if you just get a message to say you cannot make any calls on this line, you can simplyy use the "disconnect" option on the home hubs Internet connection screen, then click reconnect again.

This gives you a different IP address, and quite often fixes the problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

Phone rang in middle of the night, we missed the call. Did 1471 there was No number! That had never happened before.  We then thought there might be an intruder in the house whose phone rang!! My husband checked all doors, behind curtains, everywhere, all was ok.  Phone rang Middle of night again, managed to get to it before it rang off - It was the Home Hub that was ringing NOT the phone!! Weird. Third night rang again, no number on 1471.  Phoned BT, spoke to the help team, Cath (Catherine) who took my call was rather condescending and patronising, because she'd never heard of such a thing and there's no ringing mechanism in the Hub (mechanism -my word) - just had a thought to Reset the Hub- as well as take Cath's advice to check batteries in phone and switch phone off !? . . . It is the Weirdest thing, the Scariest thing that The Hub is ringing, but it has rung 3 times now, and No We Have Not Gone Barking Mad! . . Help please.

0 Ratings