cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aermacchi
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Home hub causing problems with phone line

I posted earlier about a phone extension problem- it seems the hub is the problem. My phone had no dial tone just lots of noise,there doesnt seem to be a wiring problem, however if I unplug the home hub the phone will work fine! I have tried a new cable to the hub, tried microfilters which I know are ok, but the problem is no dial tone ,noise, or a recorded voice saying please try again. I assume the hub has a fault unless someone has any other rsuggestions

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home hub causing problems with phone line

Test Socket.jpghave you tried connecting the hub and a phone to the test socket using a filter

0 Ratings
artful42
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Plug them both in to the filter as per normal but with the router powered off and see if the line is clear, if it is turn router on while listening to quiet line test on 17070 opt2 if line is quiet until the broadband light starts flashing then you know problem is related to the router/ filter. Test like this with your collection of filters.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Also worth trying two filters in line connect the hub to the first one and your phone to the second
0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

I'm pretty sure the 'right' type of router fault can cause the symptoms you describe.  Time to get a new Home Hub.  

0 Ratings
aermacchi
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Just got a hub  and a  filter from freecycle so I'm going to(hopefully) see if its a hub problem or a filter or something else!

0 Ratings
aermacchi
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Different hub plugged in - no noise on phone line, now how to get a new hub from bt without having to pay?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Call the BB Help desk on 0800 111 4567.

Depends how long you have had the original, you may need to re-contract.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings