Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kagzjones
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Home move

Go to solution

I understand that this is a customer to customer forum but in order to use the BT care link I need to send them a copy of my URL, so I assume that means I have to create a post here.

I'm writing on behalf of my mother and step father who have been BT customers for years. Due to their declining years they have moved in with myself and husband on 3rd Sept in a self contained flat in our house. We rang BT to cancel their old line and set up a new line here. BT told us we would need an engineer to visit and this could not be arranged until 24th Sept. However on 18th Sept we were advised that a line had been connected...but it hadn't, and no engineers had visited. We contacted BT who confirmed this error but they had cancelled the original 24th Sept apptmt  and we would now have to wait till the 11th Oct. My parents are in their eighties and a phone is essential should anything happen whilst I'm not around. 

My parents were on a "charge in advance" calling plan on their old line and wanted this service to continue...but on their new line not their old line. They are still being billed for the old line which was cancelled on 3rd Sept. They have also been billed for their new line for 39 days when they weren't even connected! The new phone was then cut off on 6th Dec for non-bill payment!

My husband has spent hours on the phone with the overseas customer service and each time had been promised resolution. He has also kept a copy of the online i-chat transcription where the BT agent "disconnected" half way through the conversation and this was sent, along with copies of the bills we have received, to 'residential.services@bt.com' on 6th December. All we have received back is an automated response. I have re-sent this email weekly asking for someone to help us resolve this and each time receive back the same automated response. So here I am, a month later, resorting to this forum.

All advice gratefully received.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home move

Go to solution

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
kagzjones
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Since this original post, my parents phone has been disconnected a further THREE times. I understand that one of the BT moderators is looking into our problem but this has been ongoing since 24th October 2012. They are still being billed for their old phone which was disconnected on 3rd September.

Of all the emails I have sent to "residential services.bt", all the phone calls we have made to call centres off shore and all the reassurances we have received from BT staff that this issue is being investigated we are still no further forward....from 24th October !!!!!

Currently my parents phone is disconnected. What an appalling service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

contact the forum mods again 

contact mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kagzjones
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I was contacted this morning by the forum moderator in response to my last email to him advising they'd been disconnected. He confirmed that the "Complex Issue Team" was now investigating the matter and that my parents phone should be back on as he'd marked a 14 day credit against the disputed account. The phone was on last night but by 3pm today it was off again. And I received his email at 11am this morning! 

0 Ratings
kagzjones
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

A big thank you to the forum mod who started the ball rolling on my complaint and raised it with the BT Complex Issues team. Colin, from the Digital Care Complaints team, went through my parents bills and amended them so that they correctly reflected their phone usage. He also arranged for an engineer to visit as after all the disconnections that had occurred, this last one was an actual fault on the line.

Without this forum I don't think we would ever have gotten to the bottom of this house move problem.

Thank you all

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

great result - mark up another for modsSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings