Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ninjaonline
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

House Move Nightmare

Go to solution

Why is moving house such a hard thing for BT to do! 

Booked a house move, had to move it back a week, then everything went wrong, was disconnected early.

After many hours on the phone with BT still no joy.

was told i would get a call back many times - still no call back, if they were trying to get me on the landline number well that was going to work.

Now i have the keys to my new place only to find the Master Socket is damaged and needs moving (builders i assume)

Anyone have any sujjestions as i have hit a brickwall, if virgin was in my area guess who would be moving!

D

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: House Move Nightmare

Go to solution

The builders would have done the internal wiring. Have you had a call from BT to say the line has been activated? If you have, and its not working, then tell them.

There is no need to mention about the damage at this point, as the Openreach Field Technician who visits will see what the builders have done.

0 Ratings
ninjaonline
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
We haven't fully moved in yet as having it adapted for my disabled wife, the line was suppose to be active, we was taking our number with us, since then we have a new activation date, but this has a different number and i cannot view under my account but i have the reference number. this is turning into a nightmare, i was also told that an engineer would not need to attend.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi ninjaonline,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for all the problems you've had moving your services to your new address.  I understand your Wife's condition and I'll be more than happy to help give you a hand to sort this out.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Nick1p
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
I know exactly how you feel ive been waiting 5 weeks for our line to be sorted and as a result my business is going down the pan as I cannot receive calls from customers. I have spent hours every day trying to resolve the issues, no one as BT seems to care less how put out their customers are regardless of the situation. Im am going to contact the ombudsman tomorrow and see if they can be of any help as letters to BT and phone calls obviously fall on deaf ears. dealing with BT is without doubt the most stressful thing about moving house as nobody in their order management department seems to know what an earth their doing.

Hope you mange to get your issues resolved we are in the same boat and are forced to use BT as virgin don't operate in our area.

Regards

Nick
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Nick1p,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

Sorry for all the problems you've been having over the last five weeks.  we'll be happy to give you a hand also to sort everything out.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to send us your details.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi ninjaonline,

I’m sorry it took a little while to get the renumber done but I’ve checked and it’s all in place. Please post back if you have any other problems and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings