cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiphophev2001
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

House phone selectively recieving calls

My mum has sky but her phone is with bt, she has a upstairs phone and a downstairs phone both corded but different sorts, when i tray and call her it rings once my end, sometimes not all all and clicks it then either cuts off or comes up on my mobile as on hold then cuts off, it doesnt ring my mums end but bleeps once, 1 in about 20 times it will ring properly and thats it shes already checked lines are fine and advised was something to do with phones she has new phones but is still doing it also tried different connectors and still no luck but not everyone has the problem getting through can anyone advise what the problem could be, she can make calls no problem on on either phone and both phones ring no problem when it does ring but neither ring and just bleeps when it doesnt? Could it be because handsets are different? Its really annoying me now as shes not the sort to always have her mobile on

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: House phone selectively recieving calls

It is very unusual to had broadband with one ISP and phone with another.  Does your mother not pay sky for a complete package which includes her phone calls?

It is very common for people to assume they get there phone from 'BT' where in fact it is not BT Retail but their own ISP using the same openreach phone network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hiphophev2001
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Spoiler

No idea shes always said about having sky and bt.

seems like just my number doing it soon as i withheld my number no probs but im not blocked as sometimes it does go through so still confused

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

I would suggest you raise your problem with your mother's ISP SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hiphophev2001
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

I believe she has contacted providers with no joy to whats causing it hence me coming on here for any advice

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

But you mother is a sky customer not BT Retail. 

It is common for people to associate their phone line with BT whereas it has nothing to do with our ISP BT Retail but the line belongs to openreach and there is no more contact with openreach from this forum than there is using the SKY forum 

0 Ratings
hiphophev2001
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Thats assuming her phone is under sky from which im aware is not

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

As I said already ask your mother if her broadband package is with sky which includes line rental. As far as I am aware Sky does not do broadband without line rental

dial 151 and see if it takes you to BT CS

0 Ratings
hiphophev2001
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

She has sky tv but phoneline etc with bt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

Does she have a broadband package?

I also have sky TV, but BT BB and phone. Just because you have sky that does not mean they supply BB and phone service. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings