Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 30

Re: House with two telephone lines.

Go to solution

@iniltous @SarahC43 says the other line is dead. So it should be simple, as @ said here.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/House-with-two-telephone-lines/m-p/1726714#M54071

Or on the side of the house instead, to avoid any DP pair record issues.

This is over complicated, for such a simple solution. An order for an internal shift is all that is needed, with @SarahC43 being present, to make sure its done as requested.

From @SarahC43 original post.

"There are two overhead telephone lines (from the same telegraph pole) and two drop wires coming in to the house. One line goes to a master socket upstairs and one goes to a master socket downstairs. BT have activated the line upstairs"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

There are no DP pair record issues if the drop wires are just swapped at the DP. The only record is what pair carries what circuit, not where that circuit is terminated in the premises.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @SarahC43

The option is still there to contact us if you want to discuss what would be the best solution to this. I will open up the link within my profile if you want more info Smiley Happy

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

There are no DP pair record issues if the drop wires are just swapped at the DP. The only record is what pair carries what circuit, not where that circuit is terminated in the premises.

True, records only include the DP termination.

Anyway, I have flagged this issue up again, as it really is simple, it just the term "internal shift" which is causing concern.

A standard visit charge of £130, should sort it out, although it should have been verified when the line was activated, but there may not have been an actual visit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution
@Keith_Beddoe how do I go about getting someone out to do the shift?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

Contact @OlgaC  or @DavidM as requested, and a request will be raised. A moderator will contact you about the appontment time.

When the Openreach person turns up at the house, just simply explain that you need the dropwires swapped over so that your line appears downstairs not upstairs. A simple task.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Contact @OlgaC  or @DavidM as requested, and a request will be raised. A moderator will contact you about the appontment time.

When the Openreach person turns up at the house, just simply explain that you need the dropwires swapped over so that your line appears downstairs not upstairs. A simple task.

@SarahC43 and I would recomend offering a cup of tea or coffee and some biscuits 🙂 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @SarahC43

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me today.

That's the engineer's appointment booked for Monday 08/05/2017 to move the socket at your request.  I will set this to give you a shout the following day (09/05/2017) to make sure all is sorted.  I'll speak to you then! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @SarahC43

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again this morning.

I'm really pleased that the engineer was able to get this sorted out for you Smiley Happy

I'll go ahead and close things off from here also as agreed.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

@RobbieMac I am also pleased to see that a simple request, has now been sorted. It just needed the right approach, and the right person to visit.

0 Ratings