cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

How can BT add charges for caller display mid-contract when I have never had it before?

I got my bill today, and found that I am being charged £1.75 a month for Caller Display.  I have never had it before, I don't want it, I have no equipment on which it will show.

It's bad enough that they feel they can add a charge for BT 1571 when it was free when I signed up for my current contract, which showed it as included.

What are my options?

Supposedly, I can cancel the Privacy with Caller Display according to this page http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48095/c/761 but the linl to changing features does not ive me any option to remove it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: How can BT add charges for caller display mid-contract when I have never had it before?

Well I tried that link again.  This is my third attempt, and this time it did get to the page where I could remove it. The moral is clearly If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again.

Now all I have to do is get back the money they've already stolen by adding features I did not request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Re: How can BT add charges for caller display mid-contract when I have never had it before?

Did you at some time in the dim and distant subscribe to the Telephone Preference Service via BT Privacy? That would have added Caller Display to your account for free, so you would'nt have noticed it until BT started charging for it in January. Billing Live Chat might be able to throw some light on it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Interesting thought, and thanks for getting. I have been on tps since long before BT thought of getting involved. Indeed it was not until I tried to find out how to cancel caller display that I found they did it. 

0 Ratings