cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andrewilley
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

How can I reset the remote-access PIN for a BT Freestyle 750 answerphone?

Go to solution

I have a BT Freestyle 750 (answerphone base unit, plus three handsets) and I can't reset the PIN for remote access of answerphone messages. Whatever I try on the handset, it says "Wrong PIN" when it asks me for the old PIN (the default should be 0000).

I tried to 'Disable' remote access (which the manual says should always revert the PIN back to 0000) but that did not work either, it still says the old PIN is wrong when I try to enter '0000'. I have tried power-cycling the base unit too, but still the same problem.

Any ideas? Otherwise, is there a complete factory-reset option for this unit perhaps? I don't mind having to rerecord our outgoing message and re-syncing the three handsets.

Thanks in advance.

Andre

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: How can I reset the remote-access PIN for a BT Freestyle 750 answerphone?

Go to solution

A factory reset of the base will probably be needed.

Did you ever set a remote PIN?

0 Ratings
andrewilley
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I suspect I must have set a PIN in the dim and distant past, but nothing that I would normally have used works (it's not exactly a high security concern, just the odd family voicemail). However the method described in the instructions to set the code back to the default 0000 does not work.

How would I do a factory reset to clear the whole unit back to its original settings? [Edit: found a menu option for this, will try it.... yup, that worked. Thanks]

Andre

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

From the user manual.

Image1.jpg

0 Ratings
andrewilley
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Yup, I found that in the manual in meantime and that's fixed the problem. All working now. Thanks for the pointer anyway.

I guess there's just a bug in the firmware which does not reset the Remote Access PIN when the setting is changed to Disabled (even though the manual says it does).

Andre

0 Ratings