cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dutchienoo
Message 1 of 13

How do I email a complaint about the 'wayleaves department'?

I have emailed the Wayleaves department twice in the last 2 weeks and have not even had a response. I have spent 20 minutes this morning trying to find an email address where I could send a complaint to. The BT website has been of zero help in trying to find a relevant email address. Any help from someone who actually understands the 'system' and can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: How do I email a complaint about the 'wayleaves department'?

Have you tried this link?

Openreach Wayleave issues (consent in writing)

0 Ratings
Dutchienoo
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for the quick response Keith. Yes, I have tried that link and have emailed the suggested email address twice in the last 2 weeks. No-one has had the decency to answer as yet....I've just emailed them for a third time, fingers crossed this time! Do you have any advice on what else I could try? I am afraid that when dealing with all utility compnaies I do not want to phone them because I want their responses in writing.....I don't trust any of them!

0 Ratings
Dutchienoo
Message 4 of 13

Keith_Beddoe Re: How do I email a complaint about the 'wayleaves department'?

Sorry Keith, I forgot to include your name in the subject line as you requested.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Openreach are a separate company who now deal with all service providers, not just BT, so there is nothing BT Retail can do about it.

http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/faqs/

I am not sure why they do not reply to your e-mails

Does it relate to damaged or dangerous network equipment?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Re: Keith_Beddoe Re: How do I email a complaint about the 'wayleaves department'?

@Dutchienoo wrote:

Sorry Keith, I forgot to include your name in the subject line as you requested.

I was monitoring this thread anyway. Its just that when things get really busy, or I am away for a few hours, replies can get lost in my index. It would have needed to be in the text of the message, not the subject, otherwise it would be ignored.

Your last post got flagged to me.

0 Ratings
Dutchienoo
Message 7 of 13

Thanks Keith, that's a great help. I've just emailed a complaint to BT Openreach. Fingers crossed that they answer their emails unlike the Wayleaves Department. It's not damaged or dangerous equipment....it's just a telegraph pole has suddenly appeared in the ground 5 metres from my office building and I want to know where the wires are going, especially if it is over my land or buildings.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

They usually answer complaints, so you may be lucky Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
edgwaremike
Message 9 of 13

Just wondered if you can help.

I need a Wayleave, my ISP is useless.

Spoke to the Openreach Wayleave Dept and they were very helpful. They chased up the planning dept but they do not even reply to the Waveleave team.

It was also registered with the escalation team but again neither myself or the Wayleave team have heard anything back.

Tried to email complaints@openreach but not getting anything back from them.

Is there anything/anyone I can try to contact to get the necessary Wayleave raised and in the long pipeline to completion so that I can get a fibre line installed in my office?

MikeN

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

this is a customer help customer forum for BT Retail residential customers.  apart from the links to openreach posted over 2yrs ago there is no direct contact with openreach

you need to either contact them yourself or more likely get your ISP on the case

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings