cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

How do I escalate a complaint?

Our home was hit by lightning on the evening of 10/08 and one of the many things to have happened (besides the hole in the roof!) was the loss of our BT Landline and Broadband.

I have been tracking the fault 'progress' in the BT App and it pretty much moves a day every other day. The expected fix date is now 02/09, 3 weeks after the initial report.

I have phoned BT and also raised a complaint but nothing is happening.

I think 3 weeks is too long, even under the current terrible circumstances. Like many people, my Wife & I work from home and my children are trying to prepare for exams when they return to school next.

How do I escalate this so we get this resolved? Also, what are my legal rights at this point as I intend to pursue this route if we cannot resolve this ASAP?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do I escalate a complaint?

is it just you that have lost your phone line or are your neighbours affected as well  have you checked to see if there is an openreach major fault.  the repair may be far more that just your line 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

It's just our home that is affected.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

We were informed yesterday by the BT Operator that someone from the BT Complaints team would contact yesterday, they didn't. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

I have asked forum mods to see if they can help but as they are really busy unlikely before your expected fix date of 2/9.  if delayed again then mods will be aware

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

Hi @seama, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry it's taking longer than expected to repair your line, it's likely this is affecting more lines than just yours if it was caused by lightning which and we'll be happy to find out what's happening if you send over your details. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

PM sent and thank you for your help.

I have spoken to all of our neighbours and none have any issues with their telephone line or broadband.

When I speak with the BT Operators, they are unable to provide any information on the issue as they are not being updated by Open Reach. I have raised a complaint with BT but have not had a response from the Complaints Dept.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

The expected fix date has yet again been pushed back and is now 03/09.  Does anyone know how to escalate a complaint? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

The expected fix date has yet again been pushed back and is now 04/09.  Does anyone know how to escalate a complaint? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

The mods should be able to help but it does take a few days for your PM to reach the top of their queue.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings